Friday, April 9, 2010

11 Things For April (Yes, I had to add an extra!!!)

As many of you know each month I do a "10 Things That Excite/Inspire Me" Page. April got me so excited for with the renewal/rebirth that Spring brings that I had to add a little extra somethin'-somethin' this month !

Here goes !

11) Scones & Peanut Butter
I have always loved scones (must be my English roots) but never fancied
Jam's. It's something to do with their texture that creeps me out.
However, my American blood LOVES Peanut
Butter! One day after Yoga, I went to Le Pan Quotidien and discovered this delicious
combo upon noticing LPQ's delicious assortments of spreads. Now I'm addicted. GOD SAVE THIS QUEEN !

10) Vichy Water
This little container holds the ingredients of water from a special spring in Italy. This spring has been known to locals as "A place to heal". After Vichy Laboratories did research on the
water they noticed that it contained special anti-oxidants only local to that region.
Sounds Kookie or Hokey ? Try it for a week. Especially in this heat we have been having, it's so refreshing and leaves your skin glowing. (available at Duane Reade)


9) EXTRA COLD RANSON GIN MARTINI
I discovered this amazing Gin last week and was blown away by it. Most Gin's are very clear and refined, however this one is not. It is almost caramel in color and hosts flavors of corn and malted barley, juniper berries, orange peel, lemon peel, coriander seed, cardamon pods, and angelica root are also incorporated. These key elements result in bold, flavorful gin with robust herbal and citrus notes.
AS a Spring Martini it's NOT to be missed. (Garnish with a Lilet Blanc Float and an orange rind Garnish



8) GLEE
My newest favorite show in HISTORY returns next week with a line up of stories that can not be missed, including one whole episode dedicated to Madonna. I can't wait.
Fox, Tuesday Nights

7) King Edward VIII
This bloke is hysterical. The english call him a "Nancy", meaning is he is very queer. He was basically dethroned after he took the hand of marriage of an American Divorcee called Wallis Simpson. Without coincidence, they say that Wallis may have been a hermaphrodite.
Ultimately, his story is very endearing as when you look further you see that all he really wanted was to be like everyone else. Wallis loved him so much, she was willing to do anything for him. And she did.




6) Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour Now on DVD
SOO excited this is finally out. It was my favorite tour in 20 years. I saw it live 5 times and STILL wanted more. I now listen to it constantly as I parade about town. It reminds me that if she, at 51, can put on a show like that, and help so many people around the world, then I can too. Never give up.


5) Liquor Store by J.Crew
I walked by this place so many times. Finally, one afternoon I walked in and discovered that this once old Liquor store (still in it's original condition) had been transformed into a J.Crew Men's store. Not only do they carry J.Crew Men's wear but also cool accessories from complimentary brands, as well as one of my favorite skin care lines from Australia called "Aesop".
Pieces of note to me now are Gingham plaids in Manly oranges and blues and Lightweight cotton
that looks like dark hard denim... oh yeah, and hot pink. Love this new spark of colour!

4) Bigarade Concentree by Frederick Malle "Editions De Parfums"
As many of you know, I am a loyal devotee of a good scent. My taste in olfactionaries is quite picky and very refined.
Frederick Malle's "Editions" are no exception. Created by the best noses in the world these hand picked bottles of heaven are not to be missed and an investment in you.
My current favorite is BIGARADE. It's rustic orange & woody base give this scent a bitter edge that you can not buy at just any fragrance counter.
Avail exclusively at Barneys.

3) Wisdom of Truth by Rav Yehuda Ashlag.
Founder of the Kabbalah Center in 1922, Rav Ashlag is the reason that Kabbalah is available to the masses. In this unbelievable book, he gives us hints of ancient secrets to universal fulfillment and happiness.
"Love Thy Neighbor As Thyself" he says is the the most paramount of lessons for us to learn "The rest is commentary" he goes on.

2) Artistic Societies of the day's of Yester.
At the turn of the century, Artist and performers alike used to gather in secret society to create art. In whatever form, they used each other's energies to share ideas and bring about some of the work we study today. Amongst them were the likes of Tennessee Williams and Robert De Niro SR., Jack Kerouac & Alan Ginsberg, Jackson Pollock and so many others we respect and admire.
I fear the internet and the use of technology has prevented us from this special kind of unity that could only be created amongst a collective energy. I am working on creating a "new" kind of society, that re-invents this age old technology for creating masterful work. Even if it is to be studied on an ipad. :)

1) Daily Charity.
The sages say that "Charity saves from death".
Death, is not only what you and I think "Death" to be in it's limited definition.
Death means an end to anything. It can be business, health, relationships etc.
In the day and age that we are living in now, with earthquakes and disasters happening on a daily basis, we have many illusions to fear.
If you feel that you are not effected by them because they do not directly effect your family or friends, or are not happening around you, you are sorely mistaken. Chances are, if you know of it - if it is in your "movie"-then there is a reason.
It's our opportunity to help, and to share what we can.
Fortunately enough, you can do so from the comfort of your laptop, in front of your television, Watching Glee, sipping your Ransom Martini.
We are in a period of time that is refered to as, the Omer. It's a time of great judgment and also a time of self reflection and exploration. Within the next 6 weeks, if we are able to harness the energy that's available to us in a proactive way, it's like we create miracles extensively beyond the capacity of our limited thinking. Each's energy equals that of 8 days.
Imagine that time has been condensed - 8 days to 1 day. How would you spend a day if you knew this was the case?
In all honesty, it's overwhelming for me to think about, but I do know that ultimately if I create the intention to be proactive instead of reactive and I choose to share, I know I can at least make an effort to make the most of this challenging time.
The icing on the cake ? ... In addition to this energy, Mercury is in Retrograde! Meaning that for the next 40+ days, communication (in all forms) will be haywire. Be Warned. If something is important for you to communicate, reiderate it - over and over again.

One of the hardest things for me to do is to share money. Money is energy and I know spiritually that when you share money, you create huge things in the upper worlds. In support of this consciousness I have decided to commit everyday to doing some kind of monetary charity. Weather it be $1 or $100, I am attempting to explore the idea of giving something monetary every day, at least for the next 6 weeks.
One of the greatest things about the internet is that you can donate to just about any organization you believe in completely anonymously and give any amount you wish.

Some of the organizations that inspire me to give now are;
Successforkids.org
raisingmalawi.org
dailyzohar.com
kiva.org

Here's to an amazing month!





No comments:

Post a Comment