Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Dragons FIre ! My exploration of Chinese Astrology!


In celebration of the Chinese New Year; I have decided to take on a new adventure. In my previous post I mentioned that I have lived in Chinatown, NYC, for over 3 years. While I am appreciative of it, I have felt OVER it as of late.
Ready to move on.
It's usually this time of the year that I get even more overwhelmed by my 'hood.
Why? you ask ?
It's CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!
The streets are disgustingly dirty and overcrowded with people. The noise level is insane, due to the drums and symbols and people throwing off personal firecrackers.

If you can't beat 'em ... Join em! In my spiritual study, I have learned that if something bothers you or annoys you, you have something to learn from it.

So it's sent me home to my computer to do a little research on Chinese Astrology. Having been a firm believer in lunar astrology (I do charts, so if you are interested inquire within!) and it's influence on our physical day to day lives, my curiosity was piqued to learn about the Chinese sister of the stars.

What I found (at first glance) is rather astonishing. First of all, I am born under the influence of The DRAGON. In 1976, The Dragon's Dominant element was FIRE.

Here are some of the key points that I gathered;

- Dragon's are the mightiest of all signs !
- We are Dominant and Ambitious
- Dragon's are better left alone, and when allowed to do so they thrive!!!
- They prefer to live by their own rules!
- Dragon's love to help others, but hate asking for help.
- Attracted to other Dragon's and colourful personalities.
- WE LOVE to be ALONE.
- Overall we are healthy people, who LOVE Yoga and forms of mild activities that stimulate both the mind and the body.
- In Carrer's Dragon's are Leaders. Do NOT like to be led.
- Extremely Creative
- We will give into love, but won't give up our independence.

There you have it. Quite a portrait of me.

Check back soon, for my next Chinese New Year exploration; "Year of the Tiger Predictions" !

thanks www.chineseastrology.com for the resource.


No comments:

Post a Comment