Tuesday, March 2, 2010

10 Things For March ...

It's a new month, and you know what that means. Here are some of the things that are exciting to me and/or inspiring me for this uproarious month of March!!!

10. Color -
Maybe it's the possibility of spring around the corner, or perhaps a shift in my attitude. Regardless, I am very excited about adding color to my life. I treat my life like a fashion designer does when he plans a new collection. Every good collection starts with a color pallet. While it's still too early to nail it down, I am really feeling Green's, Blues and Yellows this spring. I recently bought a Thakoon (amazing newish designer) Gorgeous Green windbreaker. I was
so excited about the color, I didn't pay any attention to the size !!! (Ended up buying too small!!!)

9. Reclaiming what was once lost-
I recently cleaned out my storage unit and found so many amazing goodies. Looking
forward to breathing new life into these finds. One of them is a gorgeous Yellow huge pashmina that one of my dearest friends gave me for Christmas nearly 10 years ago. Also, I found a Marc Jacobs knit rainbow scarf and a Velvet Gucci Blazer!

8. My Play/Screenplay "Bait; or Trapped by the Truth"-
I abandoned it last August, but now I have new ideas for it that excite me. I am looking to write 1 seven minute scene a week. Also, Taking a different approach to my script writing, I want each scene to set itself apart from the greater piece, but somehow all be connected. The piece involves the relativity of a person's "Truth" and the experience of those close to them.

7. Whole Bean Flavored Coffee's from Empire Coffee Co. & Pure Dark Tropical Blend Chocolate!
My Favorites are Coconut and Blueberry Crumb !!! I used to live near this awesome coffee house on 41st St and 9th ave. I was in that hood the other day and picked some up for old times and am so happy I did. I get very excited to get up and brew a pot in the
morning.
Pure Dark is a chocolate place that sells chocolate by the bark, located on Bleeker St,
My Fave selection is called "Tropical" and includes bits of dried mango and papaya.

6. Anna Griffin Stationary-
As I mentioned in my previous "10 Things", I mentioned that I love and appreciate hand written notes so much. I feel like the art of the Hand Written note has been lost and holds so much beauty and care, both in sharing and receiving. Added to my collection; a gorgeous assortment of notes by Anna Griffin. These kick ass pieces are all bright with radiant colour and vivid images.
www.annagriffin.com

5. The Vortex - By Esther and Jerry Hicks
This book (being read on my Kindle) takes on the subject of relationships from the point of view of The Law of Attraction. Only 1/4 into it, I have already started putting these ways of thinking in and am so excited to go deeper.

4.Passover Preparation
Kabbalah gives you a deeper insight into the power of the "holiday" of passover and it's promise to everyone who takes advantage of the awesome energy available to us. One of the perks; in the month leading up, we search our life and it's surrounding for all "Chemetz" or seeds of negativity. In the uproot, we clean our life thorughly and take inventory of all of the shortcomings of our nature that prevent us from growing and going to our next level. It's ultimately all about transformation.
http://www.kabbalah.com/pesach

3. Gaultier for Target !!!! -
My Favorite designer in the WHOLE world; Jean Paul Gaultier, is doing a line for Target!

2. Formspring.me/Eaudedaniel - I love teenagers. I spend a lot of time working with them in both at-risk populations (I teach in a girls halfway house) and in everyday life. One of my former students I keep in touch with introduced me to Formspring.me. The website is simple, it's an anonymous form page in which you can ask the person any question you want. Since I signed up, I have had quite an array of questions asked of me and I gotta tell ya ... it's kind fun!!!
I also love helping people and I would love to use the site as a forum for people to ask me for advice. I do advice well.
www.formspring.me/eaudedaniel

1. Mind Over Matter. - My current passion for Yoga has taught me all about perseverance and determination. I am going through so many crazy things in my life at the moment, I try to channel the energy of Mind Over Matter in everything I do. Not so easy always, but I surprise myself regularly and the key to transformation lies in the effort.
www.kabbalah.com & www.bikramyogamanhattan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment